MySejahtera Application Terms & Conditions
MySejahtera is an application developed by the Government of Malaysia to assist in managing the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. It was primarily developed to serve as a tool to augment the pandemic management by empowering participatory surveillance amongst people living in Malaysia, contact tracing digitally and providing validated COVID-19 information to the public. The functionally expanded throughout the 2 years since its inception and it currently has 17 modules in total.
CHANGES TO TERMS
By accessing and using any part of MySejahtera, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions. We may, from time to time, update these terms and conditions.
MySejahtera is an application that can be accessed using both Android and iOS platforms. To access the latest features on MySejahtera, Android 4.4 or iOS 12 (or their latest operating system versions) is required. MySejahtera is managed by Ministry of Health and its features may be renewed from time to time. Internet connection will also be needed to be able to use the Service.
Upon registering on MySejahtera, you will obtain a personal account that can be accessed by a One Time Password (OTP) that shall be sent to your mobile phone number or email to verify your account before the account is activated. You should not assign, transfer or give authority to any other person to use your identity nor your account. You will be required to keep your account password confidential and every identification that is given to you in your account.
By accessing this application, you will hereby agree:
- To comply with all applicable local and international laws and regulations when using MySejahtera.
- Not to submit or upload any material that is factually inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, offensive, threatening, pornographic, indecent, or otherwise objectionable to the general public in relation to your use of MySejahtera.
- Not to access, submit or use any data that is not yours or which you are not validly authorized to access, submit or use.
- To use MySejahtera without bringing any damage, disruption, disabling, overburden, compromising the operation of MySejahtera, or interfering with any person's use of MySejahtera.
- To use MySejahtera in a lawful manner, consistent with these terms in the absence of fraudulent and malicious acts, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, bugs, or harmful data, into MySejahtera
You agree to comply with any and all guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies, and instructions pertaining to the use of MySejahtera, including any amendments to the foregoing, issued by Ministry of Health from time to time, as well as any applicable laws and regulations (e.g., Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 [Act 342].)
Providing false information is an offense under Section 22 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 [Act 342] and Section 233 of the Communication and Multimedia Act 1998 [Act 588.]
We do not accept any liability to you if we fail, or are interrupted or delayed in the performance of any obligation because of:
- the non-availability or failure of any telecommunications or computer services, systems, equipment or software operated or provided by any third party;
- any other event not reasonably within our control.
Ministry of Health reserves the right to amend, delete, and update the modules in MySejahtera, and also its component. Users are advised to update the MySejahtera application from time to time via checking the official media for any announcement of MySejahtera's latest updates.
Ministry of Health is entitled, without prior notification, to cancel all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses if there is any indication of fraud or violation committed against the prevailing laws of Malaysia. Ministry of Health will not be liable or provide any compensation in any form for any financial losses, damage or legal disputes on the usage of The App if arises between any party who uses the features, modules and functions of the app.
Ministry of Health Malaysia owns or has the right to use all intellectual property rights in the contents of MySejahtera or used for the provision of the application. This includes rights in copyrights, patents, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
Property rights do not apply to the following categories of this application, and therefore these must not be used without our or the relevant owner’s prior consent:
- any other intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patents, design rights and trademarks;
- any logos, visuals, image rights, trademarks, trade names and design styles (except where these are integral to a document or data set) of the MySejahterawebsite, or any predecessor or linked body, as well as of any partner or contributor;
- personal data (which will include but not be limited to images, videos and audio with identifiable people in them);
Any attempt to gain unauthorised access or any attempt to initiate denial of service to MySejahtera, including to our services and the computing infrastructure hosting the application will be subjected to criminal investigations by the enforcement authorities. We shall report any attacks or attempts to gain unauthorised access to the site or service to the relevant law enforcement authorities and shall share information about you with them.
These terms shall be governed in accordance with the prevailing laws of Malaysia