MySejahtera Application (hereinafter referred to as "App") is an application which was originally developed to assist the Government in managing the COVID-19 outbreak in Malaysia by among others, allowing the App users to perform a self-health assessment, monitor health status and share the information with the Ministry of Health (MOH) so necessary actions could be implemented.
The App is owned and operated by the Government of Malaysia. As the country transits from pandemic phase into endemic phase, MySejahtera is evolving from a tool designed specifically to combat COVID-19 pandemic to a public health application. As such, we have improvised our terms and conditions and privacy policies of MySejahtera to fit this purpose.
When you login to the App, you can securely:
- View COVID-19 risk status and latest swab done for you and your dependent account
- View and download COVID-19 vaccination certificate for you and your dependent
- Report COVID-19 Self-Test Result for you and your dependent’s account
- Receive booking appointment for COVID-19 vaccination appointment
- Fill in Pre-Departure Form for Travellers abroad and view your Traveller card
- View your child’s vaccination certificate in the National Immunization Programme
- View your health screening record done
- Track number of Infectious Diseases around you
- Locate Healthcare Facilities around you
- Receive latest health and wellness news updates
- Receive push notifications regarding health alert
- To see the number of reported infectious diseases over a set number of days within a set amount of radius of your current location according to the infectious diseases including COVID-19, Dengue, Rabies, Measles, Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease (HFMD) and Tuberculosis and to manage accordingly.
- To inform travellers travelling from countries which are endemic in Monkeypox to visit the nearest healthcare facilities for proper assessment by medical officer and further management if the develop symptoms of monkeypox or are close contact of monkeypox.
- To book appointments for COVID-19 Vaccination. You will only receive appointments for COVID-19 Vaccination after you have given the consent for it. Date of Birth will be required to determine your age to differentiate between adult and children.
- To store your dependent's information and allow access to MySejahtera modules.
- To store your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates details digitally and to generate the certificates in QR code and PDF format.
- To store information of vaccines in National Immunisation Program and other vaccines digitally.
- To report the result of professional COVID-19 tests performed in other health facilities in the case of the result of the professional COVID-19 test taken is not yet reflected in MySejahtera.
- To display the last negative professional test results taken after the details of the professional test results is stored in Sistem Informasi Makmal Kesihatan Awam (SIMKA). Positive test results will not be shown to protect user's privacy.
- To assess and monitor your current health condition if you are a confirmed case of infectious disease.
- To assess and monitor your health condition via Home Assessment Tool if you are a confirmed COVID-19 positive case.
- You will be alerted via phone call in case your illness condition deteriorates and require a proper health assessment by a medical officer (MO) or you didn't answer the health assessment tool.
- MySejahtera Trace detects the close contacts and manage the close contacts accordingly in case you are a confirmed COVID-19 case by assessing the distance and duration between devices using Bluetooth Low Energy (LE). The interaction data will only be uploaded to the server after receiving user's permission via OTP verification. User's personal details will not be exposed to any close contacts. The Interaction data collected by MySejahtera Trace via bluetooth will be purged after 14 days.
- To ensure the compliance to all Movement Control Order (MCO) rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) issued under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988.
- To carry out evaluation or similar research and analysis for MOH operational strategy and policy planning purposes, including border restriction, providing data to authorized external parties for any purposes to review, develop and improve the quality of healthcare products and services.
- To carry out a survey conducted by National Institute of Health (NIH) to study the impact of COVID-19 to the confirmed cases in various aspects after a set amount of time.
- For facilitating your use of our online and mobile services such as the healthcare management programmes and/or the transactional e-services like vaccination/hospital appointments. For facilitating your use of our online and mobile services such as the healthcare management programmes and/or the transactional e-services like vaccination/hospital appointments.
- For integration onto healthcare computer systems and applications operated or managed by the MOH to provide you with the healthcare services (including medical, dental, health-screening and immunization services) and any programmes related to promotion of good health and healthy lifestyles.
- To allow data sharing among government healthcare facilities for patient management purpose.
The Personal Data collected during MySejahtera account creation or Dependent Registration are as followed.
Personal Data collected
Name, Address, Identity Card number/passport number, Nationality, Phone number/Email Address, Date of birth, Gender, Address
Full name, Relationship, Gender, Nationality, IC/Passport number, Address, Date of birth, Address
Occupation, Purpose of travel, Place of departure, Frequency of travelling to Malaysia, Flight/vessel, Vehicle number, Seat number, Departure date, Arrival date and time, Address stay in Malaysia, Name and phone number of contact in Malaysia, Vaccination status, History of COVID-19 infection, COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Self-Report for COVID-19
Result of COVID-19 Test, Date of the sample taken for the COVID-19 test, Address, Picture of the COVID-19 Test Results/Test Kit.
HAT for COVID-19
Current Address, Symptoms, Vitals, COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Long COVID Study
Professional COVID-19 Test Results, Current symptoms, Details of last COVID-19 infection, COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Vaccination Card for Missing Vaccine Information, Professional COVID-19 Test Results or COVID-19 Self-Test Kit
COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Consent for COVID-19 Vaccination, COVID-19 Vaccination Status, Time and Details of the COVID-19 Vaccination appointment such as Time, Place, Date, Type of COVID-19 Vaccine
14-days Interaction Data
National Immunization Program (MyNIP)
Child details (name, age, gender, time and place of birth, vaccination status of National Immunization Program, time and place of vaccination, growth information, past and current medical illness).
Parents' details (name, identification number, address, contact number, nationality, mother’s parity)
Health Screening System (HSS)
Age, blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), blood sugar, blood cholesterol, smoking status, comorbidity, family history, screening details (risk, diagnosis, plan)
Phone App Permission
Files, Photos, Audio & Video
You can choose to enable the push notification:
Personal Data Collected
Duration to be kept
Professional COVID-19 Test Result
Personal Demographic and Vaccination Information
7 years or more
- Know how your data is being collected and used
- For what purpose your data is used
- Make correction to your personal data information via MySejahtera Helpdesk
- Withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data at any time
- Choose to share data for study/research purpose